Saturday, March 19, 2011

Remembering

My One Rose



Crystal prisms surround it

reflecting hues like memories,

soft and surreal.

Other roses beside it

wither and show the stress of time.

Its enchanting fragrance drifts freely,

sweet and intoxicating.

There is no comparison between this rose

and any other created,

beautiful in its perfection,

fragile in its core.

How is it that I produced this flower so different from the rest?

I will always remember this one rose,

and it shall be,

to me,

forever young.

Periodically I will post poems I wrote as a part of my healing journey after loss. I found that writing allowed me to express my deepest and most complex feelings, feelings that were difficult to verbalize. I was able to clarify my deepest meanings through words on paper. "Words are the voice of the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment